Re: Re: Corrupted NB

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14508] Re: [mg14419] Re: Corrupted NB
  • From: gwinn at ma.ultranet.com (Joe Gwinn)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:33:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have been bitten by this too.

There is a simple way Wolfram could at least make Mathematica aware that
a prefs file had become corrupted -- put a simple checksum on it.

By the way, there is a simple trick I sometimes use oon apps that eat
their prefs file -- manually make a backup copy, and/or manually
write-lock the prefs file, so the app cannot write to its own prefs
file.  Most apps will tolerate this, although I haven't tried it with
Mathematica.

Joe