beep after calculation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14548] beep after calculation
  • From: "Alban Tsui" <a.tsui at ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:33:40 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello

Does anyone know how to make mathematica v3.0.0 and above to beep after
a calculation? It was an option in the menu in earlier version but
somehow it seems to disappear. It is very useful for doing a long
calculation so that I can go away to do something else and the beep can
signal the end of a calculation and save me from keeping going back to
the screen and check.

Alban