Re: Use of the command Display, with ImageResolution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14515] Re: Use of the command Display, with ImageResolution
  • From: tburton at brahea.com (Tom Burton)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:33:14 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I plot directly to a file (bypassing the plot first the Front End) by
including the following options in the Plot command:

ImageSize->72*6,
DisplayFunction->(Display["test.tif",#,"TIFF", ImageResolution->300]&)]

This works fine on Windows 95. Were I to have trouble on Mac, the first
thing I would check is the possibility that I have not allocated enough
memory to the Kernel.

In my method, the Kernel writes directly to the file, without involving
the Front End, so there would be no need to check also for the allowed
memory for the Front End on Mac. But I'm not sure about your method.

On 23 Oct 1998 21:23:32 -0400, in comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica you
wrote:

>Does anyone have an efficient method for generating a high resolution
>image of a Mathematica graphic, which can be directly read into MS Word
>98 ? ...

Hope this helps,

Tom Burton        Brahea, Inc.       760/436-7436