Re: ListSurfacePlot3D problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14559] Re: ListSurfacePlot3D problem
  • From: Martin Kraus <mkraus at theorie3.physik.uni-erlangen.de>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 03:07:30 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter Huesser wrote:

> I have the following input file (t.data):
>
> !!t.data
>
>    0.95000 120.00000  -185.41067000
>    1.35000 120.00000  -185.74612000
>    3.35000 124.00000  -154.35578000
>    5.35000 126.00000  -152.57248000
>    1.35000 130.00000  -185.75503000
>    3.75000 132.00000  -135.90709000
>    2.15000 138.00000  -185.74436000
>    4.55000 140.00000  -134.06786000
>    4.95000 140.00000  -152.69928000
>    2.55000 146.00000  -185.74015000
>    6.95000 150.00000  -150.94577000
>
> I read this file with the command:
>
> partial=ReadList["t.data",{Number,Number,Number}, RecordLists -> True];
>
> but the following command produces not a graphic output:

You need to load the Graphics3D package before using ListSurfacePlot3D:

<<Graphics`Graphics3D`

> ListSurfacePlot3D[npartial,Axes->True,PlotRange->All];

Should be partial (not npartial).

The real problem is that ListSurfacePlot3D expects a matrix of points
while you are feeding it with a list of points. Thus, you should use
ScatterPlot3D for the list or reorganize the points into a matrix to
use ListSurfacePlot3D.

> Thank's in advance for any help
>
>             pedro
>
> Email: phuesser at bluewin.ch