Postscript Error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13860] Postscript Error
  • From: jfreeze at lexmark.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 01:30:56 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A colleague of mine has installed Mathematica (ver 3.01 on NT4) and has
attempted to evaluate a notebook that works with my installation. He
receives a beep and a postscript error message ("The was an error in
the Postscript code of the last cell displayed.") when attempting to
perform a ListDensityPlot. We can also reproduce a similar error with
the command:

DensityPlot[Sin[x y],{x,0,1},{y,0,1}];

However, ContourPlot does not give this error. We have uninstalled and
re-installed his version of Mathematica and the error still exsits. Is
this a known bug, and if so, is there a fix for it? Thanks for the
help.

Jim Freeze