Mathematica & the Mac--file locations.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13906] Mathematica & the Mac--file locations.
  • From: rlove at antispam.neosoft.com (Robert B. Love )
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 02:55:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greetings,

I've just installed Mathematica on my Mac and have a question on where
to  put my own packages so that Mathematica can find them.  I moved
working notebooks off of a NeXT and moved the supporting packages from
a private library and placed them on my shiny new Mac.  However, while
the notebooks start up, the package loading always fails with a "can't
find" message.  Where do _my_ packages go?  In with the  AddOns?

Also, is there a preferred location for my notebooks?

 Bob Love                                   MIME & NeXT Mail OK
 rlove at neosoft.com