Re: Graphics options converted to primitives?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13990] Re: [mg13965] Graphics options converted to primitives?
  • From: Xah Lee <xah at best.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 16:59:14 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 7:06 PM -0000 1998.09.11, Dr Phillip Kent wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good reference (book, tutorial, code package) for
>the best way to handle the conversion of graphics options to an
>equivalent set of primitives.

Not sure what you mean. Perhaps FullGraphics is what you need?

In[43]:=
?FullGraphics

"FullGraphics[g] takes a graphics object, and generates a new one in
which \ objects specified by graphics options are given as explicit
lists of graphics \ primitives."

>Eg. I want to write a function which makes Line[] primitives and does
>Show[Graphics[{...}],...] but can handle options in the way that
>ParametricPlot(3D) does (so PlotStyle, PlotRange do what you would
>expect them to, etc.).

PlotStyle you'll have to program yourself, by pairing the styles with
each Line. PlotRange is an option to Graphics too. There are few
options in ParametricPlot but not in Graphics... but I'm not sure what
you want to do.

 Xah, xah at best.com

http://www.best.com/~xah/MathGraphicsGallery_dir/mathGraphicsGallery.html
 Mountain View, CA, USA