Re: NO HELP FOR NOTATIONS PACKAGE

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13984] Re: NO HELP FOR NOTATIONS PACKAGE
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 16:59:09 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <6tbscr$mm0 at smc.vnet.net>, Lawrence Walker
<lwalker701 at earthlink.net> writes:

|> I can no longer find help info on the <<Utilities`Notation` package.
I |> tried the following:

|> Help>Add-ons>Extra Utilities>Functions |>
|> I used to be able to access the help info.  Where in the world is it?

The actual scroll-pane sequence is:

With the Add-ons radio button clicked...

	Extra Utilities -> Notation -> Functions

If this is not what you're observing, you may want to do a sanity check
by evaluating the following expression in a notebook:

  FrontEndExecute[FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["AddOns", "Functions"]]

If that produces a beep, the next thing that I would do would be to have
the front end to rebuild the Help Index.  This is done with the front
end menu command seqence:

	Help -> Rebuild Help Index

Repeat the FrontEndExecute[] command thereafter.  If this produces the
same beep error, then browse the hard drive where Mathematica is
installed.  You can do this by evaluating the following commands:

SetDirectory[
  ToFileName[{$TopDirectory,"AddOns", "ExtraPackages","Utilities",
      "Documentation", "English"}]]

FileNames[]

This should return

{"BrowserCategories.m","NotationDocumentation.nb","NotationSource.nb"}

Either of the first two files is missing, you've found the source of
your problem.  Copy the files off of the Mathematica CD-ROM into this
directory and then rebuild the Help Index.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research,