Re: MathLink & Visual Basic 4.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14039] Re: MathLink & Visual Basic 4.0
  • From: kevinl (Kevin Leuthold)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:50:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Santiago,

It looks to me that you may be using a Visual Basic example that is
quite old.  The reason it looks this way is that the file mlink32.dll
is the name of the MathLink libraries from Mathematica V2.2.  The name
of the MathLink libraries for Mathematica V3.0 is ml32i1.dll.

If you look in the Mathematica 3.0 distribution, under
AddOns\MathLink\DevelopersKits\Windows\UnsupportedGoodies\vb, you will
find a more recent example of using MathLink through Visual Basic.

Kevin Leuthold
MathLink Group
Wolfram Research