Re: 3D Object from Listplot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14145] Re: [mg14116] 3D Object from Listplot?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at linmpi.mpg.de>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 18:57:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

You can use the Utilities`DXF` standard package to save the 3d data. The
most modeler support the import od DXF files.

This will destroy the mesh structure of the data and You get single
polygons. But typical the modeler try to link the polygons together.

My MathGL3d will support QuickDraw3D metafiles with the export of
triangle meshes for SurfaceGraphics[] objects.

Contact me if You wan't a stable beta version with this feature.

Regards
   Jens