Problems with ContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16855] Problems with ContourPlot
  • From: marco.pullia at cern.ch (Marco PULLIA)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:35:25 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello to everybody,
I have a couple of questions for you experts:
1) I have produced two ContourPlots and I would like to show
   them overlapped. I have tried

   Fig1=ContourPlot[f1[x,y], {x,xmin,xmax}, {y,ymin,ymax},
                    PlotRange->{zmin,zmax}]
   Fig2=ContourPlot[f2[x,y], {x,xmin,xmax}, {y,ymin,ymax},
                    PlotRange->{zmin,zmax}]
   Show[Fig1,Fig2]

   but it does not work. The problem is that the range in y is not
   {ymin, ymax} but a much smaller one (0 to 10^-7), thus I just see
   a useless part of it. How can I do that?

2) I generally use ContourShading -> False in order to get just some
   curves. Is it possible to draw these curves in a color different from
   black?

3) Is it possible to obtain the numerical values of points of the
   iso-value curves? And to find the values of the constant expression?

Thank you in advance

Marco Pullia