Re: LinkRead/LinkWrite to $ParentLink
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16841] Re: LinkRead/LinkWrite to $ParentLink
- From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:35:19 -0500
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7dptja$dti at smc.vnet.net>, "David Bailey" <dave-bailey at freeuk.com> writes: > There seem to be many goodies hidden in the LinkRead and LinkWrite of > certain structures to $ParentLink (i.e. to the frontend). Is there a > complete list of these available (preferably split into those that are > guaranteed to remain stable and those that are liable to change in future > versions!). > > I would like to read the menu structure from the frontend so that I can > modify it and rturn it using the ResetMenusPacket structure. See Ch. 56 of _The Beginner's Guide to Mathematica Version 3_, by Glynn and Gray. That contains an exhaustive list of front end commands, including several which may not be supported in the future. Beware those with a \[Wolf] dingbat. Those are the unstable ones. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/ Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.