BesselJZeros problem/bug?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16978] BesselJZeros problem/bug?
  • From: Tim Birks <tab at no.spam.thanks.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 02:13:24 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a very simple notebook with just the following two cells:

<< NumericalMath`BesselZeros`
BesselJZeros[0,{3,3}]

Having run the first cell to load the add-on package, running the second
cell is supposed to return a list containing the value of the 3rd zero
of the Bessel function J0. However, for me it just never returns at all.
Is this a bug? and is there a work-around?

There are no problems finding the 1st and 2nd zeros of J0, nor any of
the zeros of J1, J2, etc. I am running Mathematica 3.0.1.1x on a PC with
Windows 95.

Any ideas?

T.