Re: How to interrupt a running evaluation in MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17041] Re: How to interrupt a running evaluation in MathLink
  • From: rmille1 at aol.com (RMille1)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 02:11:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Okay, using MLAbortMessage works up to a point. However, it occasionally causes
a section of code in the MLMap32.mlp to go into an infinite loop. What's up
with that? I don't know, the more and more I mess with this thing, the less I
like it. I wrote my own engine last semester that could parse a string and
compute it for my own Plot program. Didn't trust it enough to use it though,
even though it returns plots identical to Mathematica. Thought I would use
something a little more solid, now I'm beginning to wonder about that decision.
Think what I will do is use MLAbortMessage to reset the kernel, but I will put
the whole thing in a worker thread, then kill it and restart whenever the thing
locks.