3d Custom Color Output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17203] 3d Custom Color Output
  • From: Christian Exner <e8625320 at stud1.tuwien.ac.at>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 01:20:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi!

I am trying to get a Color Output of a 3D Plot with my own Colors
defined, but Mathematica always interpolates the Color Fields I defined.

I am using Mathematica 3.0 for PC. And I am using

ParametricPlot[{fx[u,t],fy[u,t],fz[u,t],MyColor[u,t]},
{u,0,2 Pi},{z,0,zmax},Lighting->False]

to create the graphic, with MyColor to assing a color to every polygon.
I have also tried FaceForm[MyColor[u,t]] but it does not work either.
If my surface changes color from red to yellow, for instance,
Mathematica always interpolates one stripe to become orange. MyColor has
no orange defined (I am using constant colors in MyColor, such as
RGBColor[1,0,0] )

How can I find solution to this problem

Every suggestion is welcomed after I spend a week now over this
problem!!

Thanx in advance
Christian

Dipl.-Ing. Christian Exner                     Tel.+43-1-58801-13473
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik             Fax.+43-1-586 42 03
TU Wien                                    email: exner at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10/134
A-1040 Wien
Austria