Re: Discrete Convolution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18974] Re: Discrete Convolution
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:44:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Alister,

In[1]:=
?ListConvolve

"ListConvolve[ker, list] forms the convolution of the kernel ker with
list. \
ListConvolve[ker, list, k] forms the cyclic convolution in which the kth
\
element of ker is aligned with each element in list. ListConvolve[ker,
list, \
{kL, kR}] forms the cyclic convolution whose first element contains
list[[1]] \
ker[[kL]] and whose last element contains list[[-1]] ker[[kR]]. \
ListConvolve[ker, list, klist, p] forms the convolution in which list is
\
padded at each end with repetitions of the element p. ListConvolve[ker,
list, \
klist, {p1, p2, ... }] forms the convolution in which list is padded at
each \
end with cyclic repetitions of the pi. ListConvolve[ker, list, klist, \
padding, g, h] forms a generalized convolution in which g is used in
place of \
Times and h in place of Plus. ListConvolve[ker, list, klist, padding, g,
h, \
lev] forms a convolution using elements at level lev in ker and list."

in Mathematica 4.0

Hope that helps
  Jens