Re: Is there any module or dll of mathematica to call from c/c++

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19159] Re: Is there any module or dll of mathematica to call from c/c++
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:59:02 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a) what is a dll, neither my IRIX nor my Linux at home has files
   with dll extension

b) you can create a program that launch the kernel and exchange data
   via MathLink. Such a program act typical like a FrontEnd.
   The kernel can be located on the same machine or connected via
network.

c) you can still transmit commands like
   MLEvaluateString(link,"Get[\"mypackage.m\"]");
   to load a package

d) your program will never be a "standallone" becuase you must have
   a connection to the kernel.

Hope that helps
  Jens