Re: M4: Evaluating cells from external notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19218] Re: [mg19149] M4: Evaluating cells from external notebooks
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 02:53:04 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The problem you're experiencing here is that NotebookLocate[]
returns Null.  The behavior of SelectionEvaluate[Null] is
not defined in any documentation I could find, but the
behavior does appear to have changed from version 3 to
version 4.

I suggest the following code instead:

SelectionEvaluate[
  NotebookLocate[{notebookname,cellname}]; SelectedNotebook[]
]

Sincerely,

John Fultz
Front End Group