Re: Importing from Illustrator 8.0.1 to Mathematica 4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19223] Re: Importing from Illustrator 8.0.1 to Mathematica 4
  • From: paulh at monon.wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:06:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7oojg7$i23 at smc.vnet.net>, Daniel AMIGUET <daniel.amiguet at urbanet.ch> writes:

>As anybody succeeded to import a PostScript file from Illustrator
>8.0.1 to Mathematica 4?

Are you trying to import a full PostScript document or an Encapsulated
PostScript graphic?  The Import[] function will handle only the latter.

>Despite all my tries, I never obtained any results.

There is a problem where import of EPS files does not display
error message returned by psrender as it reads the file.  To determine
what error messages may be occurring, rerun your Import[] operation
with this modification.

TracePrint[Import[<your filename>, "EPS"], _MessagePacket]

The EPS import feature works by translating PostScript code into
analogous Mathematica graphics primitives.  It may be that your
Illustrator graphic is being saved with PostScript language
features which psrender cannot understand.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.