Re: Win32 MathLink .exe from Matheamtica 3 on a Mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19268] Re: Win32 MathLink .exe from Matheamtica 3 on a Mac
  • From: "Andrew Cunningham" <andrewc at vasci.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 01:24:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If I just use
link = LinkConnect["5000 at 192.168.0.6",LinkProtocol->"TCP"]

Then I get the error....
LinkProtocol -> "TCP" cannot currently be used with LinkMode -> Automatic
so I was just making a wild guess as to what to put for LinkMode...
( remember this is on a Mac, which defaults to Mac PPC protocols).

The other mystery is what is expected to be entered in the dialog that the
MathLink .exe pops-up when you launch it from a DOS window. I entered "5000"
, and expect that implies it will open a link on port 5000. Is that correct.

Andrew

Andrew Cunningham
Vibro-Acoustic Sciences Inc
http://www.vasci.com