RE:Any examples of FEA in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19426] RE:[mg19344] Any examples of FEA in Mathematica?
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:57:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hans D. Jensen   wrote:
--------------------------------
I am looking for examples of doing Finite Element Analysis or maybe even
direct numerical solving of PDE in Mathematica, preferably in
electromagnetics, say Laplace equation on a irregular shaped polygon.

-------------------------------
I don't know of any work in FEA using Mathematica, but you might be
interested in some of the information available on numerical PDE solutions.

Paste the expression below into a notebook, and click on the hyperlink. Then
scroll to the bottom of the help file, and open 'Further Examples'.  There
you will find examples of numerical PDE solutions.

\!\(\*
  ButtonBox["NDSolve",
    ButtonStyle->"RefGuideLink"]\)

---------------------------
Also see more examples at:
http://support.wolfram.com/Math/Numerics/PDE/index.html

In addition there are a few books on numerical PDE solutions.  Point your
browser to
http://store.wolfram.com/catalog/books/de.html?37C01BF8-3F5A

Regards,
Ted Ersek