Mathematica on linux help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19439] Mathematica on linux help
  • From: psalzman at landau.ucdavis.edu (Pete)
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:25:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

dear all,
i have Mathematica for students, version 3.1 running on suse linux 6.1 with
enlightenment (no gnome or kde).

very often when i want to click on something, the cursor (which is normally
a pointer) becomes a hand and won't allow me to position it where i want.
for instance, i'm looking at the "help browser" right now, and i looked at
"factor" because i want to find out how to factor a pi/2 in front of an
expression.  it says "See also FactorTerms" as a blue hyperlink.  under
windows, when i click on that, the help browser would display the help for
FactorTerms.  here, when i go to click on it, the cursor becomes a hand and
won't let me click on it.

this is kind of annoying -- can someone tell me how to avoid this?  at the
very least, i want to be able to click on hyperlink help topics that appear
in the help browser.

pete

If I replied to your post for help with linux, email me your reply
because I normally only read USENET posts which have gone unanswered.
http://landau.ucdavis.edu/psalzman   psalzman at landau.ucdavis.edu
One world, one web, one program. -- Microsoft Ad Campaign
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer. -- Nazi Ad Campaign
<=>+/\/-=Prevent world domination, Install Linux today!=-\/\+<=>
  The best way to accelerate a win95 system is at 9.81 m/s^2