Re: Mathematica on linux help and Mathematica returns wrong integral result

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19446] Re: Mathematica on linux help and Mathematica returns wrong integral result
  • From: Phil Mendelsohn <mend0070 at tc.umn.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 01:25:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As far as your cursor problems go, you should try checking what your
Mod2 button is.  Mod1 is probably the Alt key.  Mod2 is probably NumLock
-- and it affects this.  It took me a while to realize that was the
reason that sometimes I could get the menus to pull down using the right
mouse button, but not always.  I also had some trouble with selection.
You can change this if you like; the docs say to use xmodmap outside
Mathematica.

As far as the wrong integral, I'll leave that to someone who has a
better idea, but I suspect that your answer is going to be "if you enter
it in [x] form, it will work" or "if you tell it to Evaluate part first,
the answer will be correct."

--Cheers,

Phil Mendelsohn