Re: Double click on word selects whole cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19481] Re: [mg19454] Double click on word selects whole cell
  • From: "Tomas Garza" <tgarza at mail.internet.com.mx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:53:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

William B. Marks [bmarks at helix.nih.gov] wrote:

> As in my adjacent query, I'm runing Mathematica 4 on a Mac PPC, OS 8.0.
>
> Why should it happen that to double click on a word selects the
> whole cell?

You should check your settings in Format|Option Inspector|Editing Options,
in particular Editable, Selectable and Structured Selection. On my PC under
Windows 98 a double click on a word selects that word, and a sequence of
rapid double clicks select word, phrase and the whole contents of the cell,
one after the other. Very useful for editing purposes.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City