Re: Simple question about packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19497] Re: Simple question about packages
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:53:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7q21bo$qa8 at smc.vnet.net>, rotud at aol.com (ROTUD) writes:

>Why is it that all the documentation shows that loading a package is done by
>typing:
>
><< Directory'PackageName'
>
>That doesn't work for me, it says Cannot Load Directory'PackageName'. I have to
>type
>
><< Directory\PackageName.m
>
>Does everyone use this method of loading packages or is it just me? I am
>running on a Windows 98 machine by the way. Any explanation would be greatly
>appreciated.

It's just you and just about every other beginning Mathematica
user who has mistaken the apostrophe (') for the backquote (`)
character. :-)  Try rewriting your first example above this way:

	<< Directory`PackageName`

On most PC keyboards, the backquote is entered by pressing the key
immediately to the left of the "1" key.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com