Re: Stochastic Differentail equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19527] Re: Stochastic Differentail equations
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:21:25 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Dimitris,

stochasitc differential equations need very special numerical methods.

The typical way in physics ist to make several assumptions about the
propertiers of the noise (spectral function ..) and obtain a partial
diffential equation. The Fokker-Planck equation is the most popular
result.

An ordinary differntial equation solver make several assumptions about
the
derivatives of the rhight hand side. None of these assumptions are valid
for equations with a random variable inside.

I remember some Physical Review articles about the numerical simulation
of ode's with a stochasic rhs. Mail me if I should search for on or two