Avoid out of memory in Simplify

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19532] Avoid out of memory in Simplify
  • From: "Toshiyuki (Toshi) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 00:52:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi

Please give me an advice on my problem.
Version of my Mathematica is v3.0.1.

I was suffering from error message "out of memory" on my Win98 AMD
K6-400Mhz, 128MB machine, every time I run Simplify on a complex function.
I thought this might be solved if I tried it on Linux environment.

I tried it on Redhat 5.2, PenIII 550MHz, 512MB, HDD 9GB machine.
Sure, I got the result faster.
But the result was the same.

Can anybody give an advice on using my resource more effectively?

Toshi

   Toshiyuki (Toshi) Meshii  meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp
    Associate Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
    Fukui University, 3-9-1 Bunkyo, Fukui, 910-8507, JAPAN
     Tel & Fax +81-776-27-8468