Checking for non-complex numerics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20983] Checking for non-complex numerics
- From: "DIAMOND Mark" <noname at noname.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:50:56 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The University of Western Australia
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I would like a function that returns True for non-complex numerics only. To be more specific, anything that results in NumericQ returning True is OK, such as Pi, E, 1, -2.6. a=-1.5; followed by NonComplexQ[a] should return True. But NonComplexQ[b] and NonComplexQ[Pi I] should return False as should NonComplexQ[1.1 + 3 I]. I have been able to a function that satisfies various subsets of these conditions, but not the whole lot ... yet it seems the kind of problem for which there should be a simple and obvious solution.