fortran dynamic link library

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20977] fortran dynamic link library
  • From: HARALD.RAISER at behrgroup.com
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:50:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi to all,

a few weeks ago I started programming with Mathematica. Now I do have the
problem calling a Fortran Link Library (DLL based on 32-bit-mode). I have
to call the Fortran Link Library several times during my calculation
 in Mathematica (integration of a differential equation). The DLL
calculates for example the density and the enthalpy as an output while
temperature and pressure is the input data. There is a possibility
in calling the DLL from Excel. This call looks like:

Aufrufen("...path of the DLL...\Carb_dio.DLL","PB";"BEE";B1;B2)

"Aufrufen" is German vocabulary and means in English "call"
Carb_dio.DLL is the name of the Fortran DLL
PB is a fortran function, which is defined in the DLL
BEE is a fortran function, which is defined in the DLL
B1 and B2 are the cells in Excel, where the input data (temperature and
pressure) are located

Now my questions:

0. Is there an equivalent Mathematica command like the described Excel
command which allows to exchange data with the Fortran DLL ? Please sent
an example! Is a change of the Fortran DLL source
code necessary for the data exchange with Mathematica?
1. Is the dataexchange on both ways (Mathematica to Fortran and vice
verses) via  a  DLL possible?
If yes, please sent an example.
2. Is the dataexchange on both ways (Mathematica to Fortran and vice
verses) via a
Exe-file possible? If yes, please sent an example.
3. Can you recommand me a book, concerning how to structure and build big
programmes?

Can anybody help me? I do really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Harold

E-Mail: harald.raiser at behrgroup.com

  -> mathgroup(a)wolfram.com