Discrete spherical harmonics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21046] Discrete spherical harmonics
  • From: "Stephan Heiss" <Heiss at eicn.ch>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:51:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi mathematicaimans,

I'm searching implementations of the discrete spherical harmonics
and the hahn discrete polynomials.
Does anyone have realized this implementation ??

I've written a little package, but at this time, it
is very inefficient and remains too buggy to publish on mathsource.

I think that such a package would be useful

Thank you in advance for any hints and references.

Stephan Heiss  <Stephan_Heiss at yahoo.fr>

My only references are
@BOOK{nikiforov+88,
 author = { Nikiforov, A. F. and  Uvarov, V. B.},
 title = {Special Functions of Mathematical physics},
 publisher = {Birkh\"auser},
 address = {Basel},
 year = 1988}
@BOOK{nikiforov+??,
 author = { Nikiforov, A. F. and  Uvarov, V. B. and  Suslov, S. K.},
 title = {Classical Orthogonal Polynomials of a discrete variable},
 publisher = {Springer},
 address = {Berlin},
 pages = {179--189}}