Re: (Newbie) Applying colors to surface plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21146] Re: [mg21095] (Newbie) Applying colors to surface plots
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:21:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Fedder,

You need to use the graphics option Lighting -> False, and an extra argument in your
plot function to specify the color of the surface. Here is an example:

Needs["Graphics`Colors`"]
ParametricPlot3D[{5*Cos[b]*Sin[a], 5*Sin[a]*Sin[b],
    5*Cos[a], LightBlue}, {a, 0, Pi}, {b, 0, 2*Pi},
   PlotPoints -> {15, 31}, Lighting -> False];

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/