Re: particle system and cellular automata

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21132] Re: particle system and cellular automata
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <atulksharma at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:21:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Richard Gaylord, Paul R. Wellin and Kazume Nishidate have a couple of
introductory  books, fun to play with but perhaps a bit basic for your
needs. I recommend Computer Simulations with Mathematica:
Explorations in Complex Physical and Biological Systems, much of which is
repeated in Modeling Nature: Cellular Automata Simulations with Mathematica,
with less detail in the latter. Eminently readable too!

I haven't seen their latest 'Simulating Society', but it is supposed to be
more along the lines of sociology and economics. Example notebooks are
availabe at the Telos web site.

A. Sharma

Atul Sharma MD, FRCP(C)
Pediatric Nephrologist,
McGill University/Montreal Children's Hospital