Re: Mathematica and Topology.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21217] Re: Mathematica and Topology.
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:29:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You may be interested in the book "Implementing Discrete Mathematics:
Combinatorics and Graph Theory with Mathematica", by Steven Skiena
(Addison-Wesley, 1990).  The current version of Mathematica, at least,
includes the relevant packages of Mathematica functions; these include
some dealing with connected components:

  << DiscreteMath`Combinatorica`    [load the add-on package]

  ? ConnectedComponents     [ask for brief information]

"ConnectedComponents[g] gives the vertices of graph g partitioned into \
connected components."

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.       phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Univ. of Massachusetts                     413 545-2859 (W)
Amherst, MA 01003-4515