Re: Re: Ticker Tape/Theater Marquee Display?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21286] Re: [mg21052] Re: [mg20967] Ticker Tape/Theater Marquee Display?
- From: BobHanlon at aol.com
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:47:05 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Here is one approach. w = 40; nb = NotebookCreate; s = "This string will scroll continuously across the screen--like a stock \ market ticker tape--until you click on a notebook other than this one showing \ the scrolling display (e.g., click on the parent notebook). " ; While[SelectedNotebook == nb, NotebookWrite[nb, StringTake[s, w]]; s = StringJoin[RotateLeft[Characters[s]]]; SelectionMove[nb, All, Cell];] Also, check out the behavior when you click in the display notebook. Bob Hanlon In a message dated 12/20/1999 9:26:44 AM, tdevries at mail2.westworld.ca writes: >Thanks for your response! How would you stop the display with a mouse >click? Is this possible. I thought maybe I could send notebooks to my >students with a hello message like this, and it would quit as soon as they >clicked in the notebook... >