re: ReadList Error message:"Tag Times"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21364] re: ReadList Error message:"Tag Times"
- From: "Deborah Leddon " <Dleddon at students.cas.unt.edu>
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:15:50 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of North Texas
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I am trying to read in a data file in .txt format (created and saved under Excel) as below: In:= data = ReadList["A:\\ filename", Number]; I get the error message "Set::Write: tag Times in data is Protected." What does this mean? The data obviously cannot be read into the notebook.Is there a specific format in Excel, ie; row vs. column, etc, that is better for saving data? Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Debbie Leddon