accessing large files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15707] accessing large files
  • From: Chuck McCallum <MCCALLUC at carleton.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 03:42:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is there a way to read in parts of very large files (in my case about
130 megs) using mathematica? I'm trying SetStreamPosition, but it gives
me an error when I go to read in a byte, because I'm reading past the
end of the buffer. If you have advice please reply to this address.
Thanks for your help.

Chuck McCallum 5185
or...
Carleton College        5762