Q: how to list vertices of the Geodesate of a polyhedron?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15739] Q: how to list vertices of the Geodesate of a polyhedron?
- From: wacb at aplcomm.jhuapl.edu (Bill Christens-Barry)
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 03:42:33 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The package Graphics`Polyhedra` allows the tesselation of various polyhedra. For example, the command Show[Geodesate[Polyhedron[Dodecahedron], 3]] will yield a graphic of the order-3 regular tesselation of a dodecahedron onto a sphere. Using the command First[Geodesate[Polyhedron[Dodecahedron], 3]] I can get the list of polygons comprising such a tesselation, although its in the form of a matrix with an individual matrix element given as And, while I can get a list of vertices of a non-tesselated polyhedron, e.g. Vertices[Polyhedron[Dodecahedron]] I haven't been able to get a list of the vertices of the tesselated polyhedron. The Output of First contains all of the vertices, but the list looks like a matrixform (there are no comma delimiters or curly brackets, and each element is preceded by the word 'polygon'), and I don't know how to get at the individual vertex coordinates. Can anyone describe a solution? Thanks. Bill Christens-Barry