Text in Metafiles ...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15869] Text in Metafiles ...
  • From: David Annetts <dannetts at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:40:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas regarding the following ....

I'm trying to use some Mathematica (3.0.1.1) graphics in a document
(WordPerfect) (under NT 4.).  After ruling out various export to Bitmap
options (BMP, GIFF, etc) I've come to the conclusion that the best way
of going about things is to copy the graphic as a Metafile, then paste
it into the document.  This gives me something I can resize.

My problem relates to fonts ....  Somewhere between the Mathematica
notebook and the WP document, fonts are uniformly (A) resized from 9pt
to 6.6 (?) pt (B) Arial to Courier.  I guess in an ideal world, the
Metafile could be dumped directly to the document for resizing (if
required).  Any ideas how to (efficiently) fix this?

Regards,

Dave.
 David Annetts                                       _____________
 http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~dannetts/                |C R C A M E T|
 CRC for Australian Mineral                         |````` \      |
 Exploration Technologies                           |`````/$\     |
 Earth Sciences                                     |````/$$$\____|
 Macquarie University, NSW 2109                     |```/$$$/.....|
 AUSTRALIA                                          |``/$$$/......|
 phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366  -------------