log log plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15912] log log plot
  • From: "James L. Fisher" <jlfisher at imt.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:33:50 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to plot some points on log log paper. These points should be in a
straight line or nearly so. By adjusting the starting point of the
loglog paper I can strighten out the line. By this I mean that if I
start the first (bottom) cycle with 1 it may not be a straight line, but
if I start the first cycle with say 3 I can straighten the line out. I
have done this by hand.  I know about LogLogPlot, but is there a way to
change the baseline or offset or starting point? Maybe using something
else other than LogLogPlot would work better? How would any of you
suggest doing this in Mathematica.

Thanks!
James