Re: help with pde

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16151] Re: help with pde
  • From: "Lawrence A. Walker Jr." <lwalker701 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 03:23:13 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I don't know of an automatic way of doing it.  I never got a chance to check
this out but I think that in order to solve it you must:

1. Take the Laplace transform of the equation to change t into another variable.

2. Now we have a 2nd order DE in LaplaceTransform[V[s,t],t,s], so we can solve
this automatically or take the fouier transform, then apply the inverse fouier
after algebraically manipulating the equation.
3. Take the inverse LaplaceTransform.

Take Care,
Lawrence