Outline font? HelveticaO?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15345] Outline font? HelveticaO?
- From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
- Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 04:15:31 -0500
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to print some text, actually in Mathematica, in a fat "blocky" outline font, preferably black outline and adjustable color. Running TeX on my Mac using Textures I can find in the "Show Fonts" menu item a suitable font labelled "HelveticaO" (that's "oh", presumably for outline) and it works, i.e. typesets some text with just what I want. But I can't find a corresponding "HelveticaO" font anywhere in the suitcases anywhere on my Mac. I'm working on printing the desired text from TeX to an EPS file and bringing that into the Mac notebook. But: a) Is there a way to find the font itself, and make it known to Mathematica? b) Does Mathematica provide anything like the "Outline" capability that Mac WP applications seem to have for almost any font? (CC of any replies to siegman at stanford.edu appreciated)