How to save a file in package (*.m) format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15330] How to save a file in package (*.m) format
  • From: "Chee Lim Cheung" <cheelc at mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 04:15:19 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Mathematica gurus,

I am new to Mathematica and I need help on how to save a file in package
(*.m) format that can be recognised and executed by Mathematica. I have
created a small package following the standard routine,e.g.
BeginPackage
Begin["`Private`"]
End[]
EndPackage[]

I then saved the file with Save as Special...Package Format with a .m
extension, I get all the statements in the file commented out with (*
*). How do I save the file with a .m extension in order to get an
executable package?

Thanks
Chee