Re: setting X and Y range in 2D plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15352] Re: setting X and Y range in 2D plots
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 23:58:16 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Drazen Petrek wrote in message <774hn7$3jp at smc.vnet.net>...
>hi,
>I have i simple question: How to set X and Y range in various 2D plots
>(ImplicitPlot, ParametricPlot,Plot...)? Lets say i want to see a
>particular "window" of graph.

Drazen,

The option PlotRange controls the area displayed.

You can also adjust this intractively:
 - first click on the cell containing the picture -  then press the
contol or command key and keep it held down - you will find arrows
appear as the cursor crosses the frame round the picture; clicking at
such a point allows the area diplayed to be adjusted by dragging.

Afterwards, you can maginfy or diminish the picture by the same
technique without the control or commnd key held down.

Allan

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
www.haystack.demon.co.uk