Tutorials on Package and On-Line Documentation Development

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15572] Tutorials on Package and On-Line Documentation Development
  • From: "Kotanchek, Mark (ME)" <mkotanchek at dow.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:44:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

G'day,

Despite the fact that a few years ago I had developed a full-blown
package environment for array signal processing complete with on-line
help for Mathematica 2.2/NEXTSTEP, I now find myself struggling to do a
comparable thing for chromatography data analysis with Mathematica
3.0/Windows98.

Are there any books or tutorials out there to guide me through the
complete package development process? I searched at MathSource and
couldn't find much helpful. Maeder's Programming In Mathematica, 3rd
ed. hits it a little; however, I suspect/hope that it isn't as
difficult & convoluted as it appears. Of course, the fact that the
package documentation approach was still in flux at the time of
Maeder's writing probably contributed to the lack of detail. :-(

Any help or pointers to good books or other reference material would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
---
Mark Kotanchek, Ph.D.	mkotanchek at dow.com Dow Chemical	517-636-9765 (O)
Computing, Modeling, & Information Sciences	517-638-9707 (F) 1776 Bldg,
Rm C207	517-835-8495 (H)
Midland, MI 48674