Re: Outline font? HelveticaO?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15575] Re: Outline font? HelveticaO?
- From: support at YandY.com
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:44:51 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Deja News - The Leader in Internet Discussion
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <779d55$bh9 at smc.vnet.net>, Selwyn Hollis <shollis at peachnet.campuscw.net> wrote: > Just a couple of comments... > > Isn't Helvetica (TrueType) one of the basic fonts that come with the Mac > OS? Yes, but not was is called HelveticaO in Textures. That is an outline version of Helvetica. > > Running TeX on my Mac using Textures I can find in the "Show Fonts" menu > > item a suitable font labelled "HelveticaO" (that's "oh", presumably for > > outline) and it works, i.e. typesets some text with just what I want. > > But I can't find a corresponding "HelveticaO" font anywhere in the > > suitcases anywhere on my Mac. It's created by PS magic. You will not find a "real" font corresponding to it in the fonts folder for one thing it would violate the font copyright of Adobe if one made a "derivative work" like that. Louis Vosloo. http://www.YandY.com/fonts.htm -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own