Re: Outline font? HelveticaO?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15575] Re: Outline font? HelveticaO?
  • From: support at YandY.com
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:44:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <779d55$bh9 at smc.vnet.net>,
  Selwyn Hollis <shollis at peachnet.campuscw.net> wrote:
> Just a couple of comments...
>
> Isn't Helvetica (TrueType) one of the basic fonts that come with the Mac
> OS?

Yes, but not was is called HelveticaO in Textures.  That is an outline
version of Helvetica.

> > Running TeX on my Mac using Textures I can find in the "Show Fonts" menu
> > item a suitable font labelled "HelveticaO" (that's "oh", presumably for
> > outline) and it works, i.e. typesets some text with just what I want.
> > But I can't find a corresponding "HelveticaO" font anywhere in the
> > suitcases anywhere on my Mac.

It's created by PS magic.  You will not find a "real" font corresponding
to it in the fonts folder for one thing it would violate the font
copyright of Adobe if one made a "derivative work" like that.

Louis Vosloo.  http://www.YandY.com/fonts.htm