Dividing top and bottom

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15591] Dividing top and bottom
  • From: "Nicolas B.E. Sawyer" <nbes at eee.nott.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:23:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How can I divide the denominator and numerator of an expression by a
chosen variable and stop the result from simplifying. For example, how
do I  divide the top and bottom of b/(b-a) by b to give 1/(1-a/b).

Thanks

--
Nicolas B.E. Sawyer

Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of
Nottingham,
University Park,
Nottingham,
NG7 2RD.