Re: How to fix bad EPS output from Display[.., .., "EPS"]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15627] Re: How to fix bad EPS output from Display[.., .., "EPS"]
  • From: Gennady Stupakov <stupakov at slac.stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:28:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To solve this problem, I use Adobe Illustrator. I open the eps file from
Mathematica in Illustrator, do Select All and Ungroup commands. Then I
select and delete boxes that surround the figure and plot labels. Those
boxes are usually very large and stick out of the figure area making
the bounding box of the eps picture too large, which in turn may cause
latex to put the figures at the bottom of the page. After that I also
save the file with all the fonts included, because otherwise printing
from the latex will show funny characters in place of Mathematica
fonts.

It's awkward, but works for me.

Gennady.