Re: [Q] 2D graphic routines and data sets in 2D lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18434] Re: [mg18374] [Q] 2D graphic routines and data sets in 2D lists
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:11:22 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dan Truong wrote:

>This is an annoyance I've met with many (not all)
>List* graphic routines : data sets cannot be encompassed
>in a single list. I propose a fix, but I'd like to
>know if someone has something cleaner.
>
>Here's an example:
>
>It's specified that PercentileBarChart[] uses
>1D lists. So this works:
>
>x = PercentileBarChart[
> {1,2,3}, {2,3,4}
>]
>
>but this won't:
>
>x = PercentileBarChart[
> { {1,2,3}, {2,3,4} }
>]
>
>When data is built elsewhere, this is an annoyance, ie:
>
>Foo = { {1,2,3}, {2,3,4} };
>PercentileBarChart[Foo];

If we can assume that Foo is always a list of lists, and not a single list which
doesn't seem to be meaningful with these plots anyway, then you can use

PercentileBarChart[Sequence @@Foo];

Sequence applied to a list converts the list to a series of arguments with commas
between them which are inserted in a function. Check out Sequence in Help.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/