Re: Problem with Mathematica 4. Someone can help me ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18435] Re: [mg18366] Problem with Mathematica 4. Someone can help me ?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:11:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Patrick Musso wrote:

>Hello,
>
>when I evaluate a notebook with Mathematica 4, the following error message
>appears very often :
>
>"Mathematica has detected a possible internal error. If possible, report the
>error to support at wolfram.com, quoting "Assertion 'nboxesToSend == 1' failed at
>matheditio.c:1508", and describe in as much detail as possible what you were
>doing when the error occurred."
>
>This error occurs with different notebooks which work very well with
>Mathematica 3.
>
>Does anyone have the same problem ?
>
>Please, help me, it is a real Nightmare !
>
>Patrick Musso

Patrick,

I had similar problems. They occurred when I used multiple expressions in one cell,
one on each line. When the notebook was read back in in Version 4, Mathematica could
no longer parse the expression. I had made it a practice of putting an extra space at
the end of each line in Version 3. Version 4 did not like this. After I edited them
out things seemed to be OK. When I contacted Wolfram support they seemed to indicate
that there was a problem without commenting on the exact cause. I don't know if this
is the only thing that causes the problem.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/