Re: "At long last, Sir, have you no shame?"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18466] Re: "At long last, Sir, have you no shame?"
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 23:08:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Martin,

I'm sure tha WRI has a excelent bug database.

It will be a horror for any marketing department if the company with
"The world's only fully integrated technical computing system."
offer a public bug data base that show that the fully integrated
technical computing system is not so perfect as the marketing
department says. A link to the bug listing page should be placed
on every www-page with marketing material.

The other systems like MakSyma, Meple, ... will love the
Mathematica bug data base. I'm sure that all the home pages of
this systems will make a link to this bug page.

We all love Mathematica and we hate the bugs, but a
public bug listing should also be a listing
of the bugs in other computer algebra systems !

So your the question should be extended to a general
bug data base of CA systems and you should post your
question to the sci.math.symbolic news group to
collect bugs of the other CASs.

Regards
  Jens

-- SNIP SNAPP SNIPP SNAPP --